Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Advent Calendar - 2011

So it's that time of year again where I am in the craftiest mood! I found several Advent Calendars online and thought hey I can do that. I found one that used those small matchboxes but I couldn't find any so I cleverly made one up all on my own. 

First I took empty toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls and I cut them into 2 inch pieces; glued them together in the shape of a tree and glued that onto card-stock to hold the back on the tree.


 
After I had the back on I filled the slots with goodies; wrapped toys, candy, a few quarters, etc. and wrapped the tree with green tissue paper.



It wasn't the easiest thing to do without getting holes in the tissue paper but it worked. Then I took some Christmas wrapping paper I liked and cut 2 inch strips and glued them to the outside of the tree and for the base to look like a flower pot or tree stand thing. 


 
I finished it off with 25 numbers and a snowflake star on top. Pretty creative if I say so myself.

Nathan loved it and being that it is December 1st he punched out the 25; finding candy hid behind it. Luckily I don't remember what I put in each slot so I too can be surprised to see what he gets each day.


1 comment: