Monday, December 19, 2011

Young Women "Evening of Excellence"

Wow, was I busy on the Sixth trying to finish up projects I was doing for the Young Women in my ward. I took some ideas I found on theideadoor.com and came up with an amazing program for our "Evening of Excellence" if I say so myself. The theme was "Your Happily Ever After" and I used a talk from President Uchtdorf. You can download the talk by clicking on the name above. I wanted the girls to feel like Princesses. We got tiaras for them to wear and my best friend made sashes. We asked the parents if they had to pick one value that best represented their daughter or best represented them which one would it be. We then took that value and painted it on the sash. During the program I had the parents explain why they chose that value. The girls loved the sashes and were surprised to hear their parents explanations; which turned out very touching.

Everything was a secret including the parents involvement in preparing the tables and display items. Usually the girls do it themselves but this year I wanted it to be different.



I found the temples on theideadoor.com website and had a friend cut them out of wood. The Young Women President and I painted them white, then I went to work on them to beautify them.




My temples came out a little different but I wouldn't want it any other way. I always tweak things to make them mine. The girls just loved everything. We sang new songs; we had the fathers crown their daughters; even one of the girls took down her cello and played it for us afterwards.
What really touched my heart is that they commented that they did feel like Princesses.
They are truly our Heavenly Fathers Princesses.


No comments:

Post a Comment