Sunday, December 12, 2010

C is for Candy

We're always making chocolate covered treats in our home. But I found some candy molds at the dollar store and decided to make chocolate gift box shape candies and chocolate Christmas pretzel sticks. However....my chocolate didn't set. I've never had this problem before. There's always a time for a first. Needless to say the molds filled with chocolate still sit in the fridge in hopes that they harden.

With that disaster I searched for another candy to make and found a recipe in the December 2010 Woman's Day magazine. Thanks Woman's Day!!

Chocolate Nut Bark
1 cup of walnuts (I used pecans instead)
1 lb semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (I used chocolate chips)
1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped. (didn't have these)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
I melted the chips in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes and left them there for 1. Then I stirred them until creamy. Emptied the melted goodness on a wax paper filled baking sheet. Flattened the chocolate into the sheet then sprinkled it with pecans, cranberries, and candy canes. I added the candy canes to the recipe myself. Josh crushed them for me. Refrigerated until set, about 1 hour. Broke into pieces and YUMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment