Sunday, December 12, 2010

D is for Donation

We go through our closets on a regular basis and donate our gently used clothing to our local Desert Industries, but I felt as though to get the true meaning of giving this holiday season was to do more.

 I have been in situations were I've needed help from others. When Josh was young I had to go to a distribution center to get his Christmas toys. It was a humbling experience but it also opened my eyes to the generosity of others and made that which we received much more important. It breaks my heart to hear of the thousands of boys and girls of all ages needing help just here in our community.

We plan to go to our local Wal-Mart and choose a tag from the tall Christmas tree located just inside the front door. We are thankful to have the opportunity to help if only in a small way. I challenge everyone to do the same. I love to give. = )

Unfortunately when we went to get the tags from the tree the childrens' wish-list was out of our price range. Josh suggested that we buy toys and donate them to "Toys for Tots" instead. So we took what little we had and bought toys. Every little bit helps right? = )

No comments:

Post a Comment